Old Warden in Bedfordshire is home to the Shuttleworth collection. This collection spans from the early pioneering aircraft up to World War II. Some of the early aircraft include the Bleriot type XI which is identical to the one which first crossed the English channel in 1909, and the Bristol Boxkite which was built for the film "Those magnificent men in their flying machines".
The collection also includes World War I aircraft such as the Avro 504k, Sopwith Pup, Bristol F.2b and S.E.5a. Later aircraft include the D.H. Tiger Moth, Avro Tutor, Gloster Gladiator, Hawker Hurricane, and Supermarine Spitfire. During an airshow, warbirds and even modern military aircraft are flown in to supplement the collection.
This venue offers an excellent opportunity to take some good photographs of the aircraft. Old Warden has several airshows throughout the summer and is well worth a visit.
Shuttleworth 2021 Airshows:
• Sunday 02 May - Season Premiere Drive-in Display
• Saturday 15 May - Evening Drive-in Display
• Sunday 06 June - Flying Festival Drive-in Display
• Saturday 19 June - Evening Drive-in Display
• Sunday 04 July - Military Air Show Drive-in Display
• Saturday 17 July - Evening Drive-in Display
• Sunday 01 August - Family Air Show
• Saturday 14 August - Flying Circus
• Sat/Sun 04-05 September - Vintage Weekend
• Sat/Sun 02-03 October - Race Weekend