Duxford in Cambridgeshire is a very popular venue for warbird enthusiasts. There is an extensive museum which is free to look around when attending a Duxford Airshow and includes many WWII examples.
Duxford is home to the Imperial War Museum Collection (IWM), The Fighter Collection (TFC), The Old Flying Machine Company (OFMC), The Aircraft Restoration Company (ARC), Historic Aircraft Collection (HAC), B-17 Preservation Society etc. The airfield itself is an historic site dating back to 1918. In the second world war it was home to the first operational Spitfire squadron. Duxford's fighters were frequently scrambled against the Luftwaffe during the Battle of Britain.
Duxford has several Airshows during the season and if you like warbirds then Duxford is the airshow to visit.
There will be two air shows in 2021 including the 'Duxford Summer Air Show' in July and the 'Duxford Battle of Britain Air Show' in September, there will also be several 'Duxford Flying Days'. Note that 'The Flying Legends Airshow' which has previously been held at Duxford will be held at Sywell Aerodrome in 2021. More details here.
Duxford 2021 Airshows:
• 24-25 July - Duxford Summer Air Show 2021
• 18-19 Sep - Duxford Battle of Britain Air Show 2021
Duxford Flying Days/Flying Evenings 2021:
Sat 24 April 2021 Cancelled
Sat 08 May 2021 Cancelled
• Sat 22 May 2021 'Standing Together'
• Sun 06 June 2021 'Commemorating D-Day'
• Sat 19 June 2021 'Model Aircraft' :-
(See RC Model Aircraft Shows Calendar).
• Sun 20 June 2021 'Thank You Dads'
• Sat 03 July 2021 'Behind the Scenes'
• Wed 04 August 2021 'Squadron 19 Heroes'
• Wed 11 August 2021 'Showtime'
• Thur 19 August 2021 'Young Aviators'
• Sat 28 August 2021 Flying Evenings: 'After Hours'
• Sat 04 September 2021 'The Fighters'
• Sat 09 October 2021 'Best of 2021'
• IWM Duxford
IWM Duxford to reopen this May with new series of themed Flying Day events...