Abingdon Fayre first started in 2000 as a small fete. In the years since then the show has grown in stature. Attendances have increased, and at the 2009 show there were over 10,000 people. For many years the show was known simply as the Abingdon Fayre, but in 2007 the show's title changed to Abingdon Air & Country Show to more accurately reflect the show's content.
Although held on a military establishment, the show is a civilian event. It is organised entirely by volunteers, with proceeds being donated to a local charity.
In addition to the flying activities the event usually features a wide range of ground attractions, such as stalls and arena display along with vintage and classic vehicles.
Abingdon Air & Country Show 2017:
• 14 May - Abingdon Air & Country Show 2017
• 3 & 4 Regiments RLC Dalton Barracks / Abingdon
• Edwards Books Barracks 7 Rifles COY
• Farms2Ewe mobile farm
• Buckingham Search & Rescue Dogs (also in an arena demo's)
• Abingdon Morris Dancers
• RAF 4624 Auxillary Squadron from Brize Norton
• Classical Vehicles
• Miniature Steam Engines
• Military Re-enactors
• Various Trade Stalls and Exhibits
• Punch & Judy Show
• Childrens Amusements
• HawkWalk Falconry
• Singing by Britains Got Talent contestant Ellie Mae
• The Mangledwurzels band
• Radio Days band
• Abingdon Rock Choir
• Royal Netherlands Air Force Spitfire Simulator,322 (F16) Squadron
• Classic Jets Radio Controlled Models
• Cotswold Pheasant and Poultry Club
• Doctor Who Daleks and friends
• Williams Martini Formula One static car
• Scottish Pipes and Drums band
• Oxford Bus Company brand new double deck bus
Please check with official Abingdon Air & Country Show website for ticket prices and booking.