Contact | Sitemap | Forum | Facebook | Twitter
Contact | Forum | Facebook | Twitter

Teesside International Airport

Information & Links

Teesside International Airport.


UK Airports Menu:
UK Airports

Teesside International Airport Information:
Airport History
Airport Map
Arrival & Departures
Airport Scanner Frequencies
Live Trackers
Teesside International Airport Airlines

Location:
Google Road Map

Travel Info:
AA Route Finder
National Rail
National Express

Satnav Postcode:
DL2 1LU

Accommodation:
Travelodge
Premier Inn
TripAdvisor
Booking.com
Holiday Extras Hotels

Car Parking:
Car Parking
Drop off & Pick up

Weather Forecast:
BBC UK Weather
BBC Local Weather

Photographs:
Photographs

Message Board:
Forum

Trackers:
Flight Radar 24
Plane Finder
Plane Finder Free App (Android)
Plane Finder Free App (IOS)
Track by aircraft type

Related Links:
Official Teesside International Airport Website
Official Facebook
Official Twitter
NATS UK Aerodromes

Runway(s) :
7,516ft (05/23)

UK Airports:
Aberdeen Airport
Belfast Airport
Birmingham Airport
Bristol Airport
Cardiff Airport
Teesside International Airport
East Midlands Airport
Edinburgh Airport
Glasgow Airport
Humberside Airport
Leeds-Bradford Airport
Liverpool Airport
London City Airport
Gatwick Airport
Heathrow Airport
Luton Airport
Stansted Airport
Manchester Airport
Newcastle Airport
Norwich Airport
Prestwick Airport
Robin Hood Airport

UK Airlines (Links, IATA, ICAO & Callsigns):
UK Passenger Airlines
UK Cargo Airlines
UK Airlines IATA Codes
UK Airlines ICAO Codes
UK Airlines Callsigns
NATO Phonetic Alphabet

Relevant Links:
UK Airports photographs
DSLR cameras & lens
Airband Scanners
Airport Scanner Frequencies
Airshow Scanner Frequencies
Live aviation





Teesside International Airport - IATA:MME, ICAO:EGNV
Teesside International Airport.
Teesside International Airport Airport - Wikimedia Commons

Teesside International Airport is situated in north east England, 24 miles south of Durham, 5.4 miles southeast of Darlington, and 10 miles southwest of Middlesborough.

The airport serves County Durham, Teeside, and parts of North Yorkshire. It is one of the smaller UK airports but has links to several domestic and European destinations.

The major shareholder is Peel Investments (DTVA) Ltd which owns 89% with the remaining 11% being owned by local authorities.

Teesside International Airport Map

View Larger Map

Live Trackers

Arrivals/Departures & Scanner Frequencies

Arrivals

Departures


Teesside International Airport Scanner Frequencies:
Approach - 128.850
Radar - 118.850
Tower - 119.800
ATIS - 132.375


Teesside International Airport Airlines:
Flybe KLM Cityhopper
Loganair - (ends 16 march 2018)
A list of all Airlines operating in the UK.


History
Originally RAF Goosepool, the airfield became RAF Middleton St. George in 1941. The RAF base closed in 1963 and was bought by Cleveland County Council who developed it into an airport calling it Teeside International. The first civilian flight being in 1964 and an international passenger terminal opened in 1966.

In 1996 when Cleveland County Council was abolished, the airport ownership was divided amongst local Borough Councils. Peel Airports Ltd took a 75% stake in 2002. The name was changed in 2004 to Teesside International Airport and later a new access road, terminal front and terminal interior were completed. The new name was unpopular with some local residents who still call it Teesside International Airport, however it was decided that many would be unfamiliar with the location of Teeside and that Durham was better known.

A number of flight training schools and flying clubs are based at the airport. It is a base for Cobham plc, who have a fleet of six Dassault Falcon 20s based at the airport. Cobham's Durham Tees Valley aircraft fly electronic countermeasure flights for the Royal Air Force and other NATO air forces. Cobham Flight Inspection operate a single Beech B350 Super King Air & a single Diamond DA42 MPP Guardian. The Great North Air Ambulance opeartes its Aerospatiale AS365 Dauphin II, and the Cleveland Police has its Eurocopter EC135 based here. Airlines include Eastern Airways, Flybe and KLM (KLM Cityhopper).

Getting to Teesside International Airport
The airport is situated off the A67 and is within easy reach of the A1(M), A19, A66. It may be signposted as Teesside Airport. The Sat Nav postcode is DL2 1LU.

Darlington Train Station is the nearest train station to Teesside International Airport, located just 7 miles away.

A range of bus services operated by Arriva link Teesside International Airport to the towns and villages surrounding the airport.

There is a taxi rank located directly outside the terminal building (1AB Taxis).

Car Parking

Car Parking.
Drop off & Pick up.


Accommodation:





















Photographs



Modern Commercial Airlines Calendar 2020


Avro Vulcan Calendar 2020





Buy Airband Scanners at Amazon.