Home Page |
Red Arrows Schedule 2022 |
• 24 March 2022 - Red Arrows Flypast at RAF Leeming for 100 Sqn Disbandment Parade
As the Hawk T1 is retired at the end of March 2022, this has meant that both 100 Sqn based at RAF Leeming in North Yorkshire and also 736 Naval Air Squadron based at RNAS Culdrose in Cornwall has disbanded.
100 Sqn operated the Hawk T1 in the 'Aggressor' role for air combat training and 736 NAS was a Royal Navy Maritime Aggressor Squadron, providing simulated attacks against Royal Navy & NATO warships using the Hawk T1.
The Royal Air Force Aerobatic Team, the Red Arrows, also operate the Hawk T1 aircraft but the Ministry of Defence said they are 'committed to supporting the Red Arrows' and they are expected to operate the Hawk T1 until at least 2030. The Red Arrows will move from their current base at RAF Scampton and relocate to RAF Waddington before Scampton closes in late 2022.
RAF Leeming held a Disbandment Parade for 100 Sqn on Thursday 24th March 2022 which included a flypast of six 100 Sqn Hawk T1s as well as a flypast by the Red Arrows.
736 Naval Air Squadron had a farewell flight with three Hawk T1s which departed RNAS Culdrose with flypasts of Plymouth, RNAS Yeovilton, Bournemouth and Portsmouth before landed at Prestwick Airport on Thursday 17th March 2022. On Friday 18th March 2022 they departed Prestwick Airport with flypasts of RAF Valley, Pembrey and Newquay before returning to RNAS Culdrose. People were invited to wave farewell as a pair of 736 NAS Hawks flew around Cornwall for the last time on Thursday 24th March 2022. More information can be found here.
The BAE Systems Hawks have been used by the RAF for more than 40 years and the Royal Navy's aircraft date from the 1990s.
Red Arrows NOTAMS
Red Arrows (RAF Leeming Flypast) - Thursday 24th March 2022
NOTAMS (Timings and route may change due to weather or other requirements):
1. 531828N 0003303W SCAMPTON - 1.50pm
2. 532303N 0004135W STURGATE - 1.52pm
3. 534903N 0004242W NE OF TOLLINGHAM - 1.56pm
4. 535541N 0012429W VCY OF WETHERBY - 2.00pm
5. 535851N 0013015W VCY OF HARROGATE - 2.01pm
6. 540327N 0013049W SW OF BURTON LEONARD - 2.02pm
7. 540854N 0013110W VCY OF RIPON - 2.03pm
8. 541352N 0013130W NW OF KIRKLINGTON - 2.04pm
9. 541749N 0013145W LEEMING AD - 2.05pm
10. 542059N 0013159W SW OF GREAT LANGTON - 2.06pm
11. 542742N 0010824W NE OF GREAT BROUGHTON - 2.08pm
12. 540833N 0003654W E OF WINTRINGHAM - 2.12pm
13. 533005N 0002538W NORTH KELSEY - 2.19pm
14. 531828N 0003303W SCAMPTON - 2.21pm
Red Arrows (RAF Leeming Flypast - Thursday 24th March 2022)
As preparations continue for the Red Arrows planned move to RAF Waddington, the team will be carrying out flying in the vicinity of the base between 28th March and 4th April 2022.